Volunteers?

Either if your are new to the art of creating aircraft liveries, or you have experience, enter here to talk all about repainting.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel

s.71
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Volunteers?

Post by s.71 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:34 pm

Hello all!

I am a student doing the final dissertation for my MBA and for it, I have done a business plan for airlines wishing to operate executive jets.

I am an avid flight-simmer and came to the realisation that maybe someone could help me by desiging a livery for a Learjet operated by Air France/KLM (the business jet division would be called Air France/KLM AirElite). This would add just that last touch to give justification to my business plan.

There is a brand new 1:250 B747-400F model in it for anyone willing to help, alternatively I am more than happy to shout anyone a beer or few if you ever pass by Norway...?

my email is ellingsenk@yahoo.no

nb: this is purely for an academic thesis and would NOT be used for any commercial purposes at all - infact the target airline isnt Air France ;)

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:03 am

Did somebody say "payment with beer" ??? Cool, I am there. No need for the 747 model.

Seriously though, is there a particular Learjet model that makes your mouth drool over. Preferably freeware that I can get a hold of as a paint kit. If so, just post up a link to it, and I can take a looky-see as to what I can do for you.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

Ice
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Ice » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:22 am

If there is beer in any topic, it immediately gets RD's attention. He must have some sort of beer detector. :wink:
Ice

Sky Blue Radio DJ - www.skyblueradio.com

Sundays @ 13:00z

pilot_alex_14
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by pilot_alex_14 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:39 pm

Hey Rd can u hook me up with the beer detector :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Beeeeeeer :D

groundsquirrel

alrighty then...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:57 pm

Okay gentlemen, henceforth "beer" is officially the name of a color. The word "beer" is now qualified to appear in the Repainter's corner. Oh, and in RD's lowrider, his seats are upholstered in beerskin..... :lol:
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

s.71
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by s.71 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:38 pm

hehe I think there must be something with Flightsimmer's and beer... because I think the concept isnt limited to RD.

If you could help, that would really mean alot, any learjet or business jet at all would be perfect. Whichever you think would look the most sleek!

If it does eventually become an airline (in my dreams) there'll be alot more than a few beers in it! :D

Thanks very much!!! - if you ever need help with a business or economics assignment I am your man! :P

pmckay

Post by pmckay » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:08 pm

Isn't beer a NAVAID? It's like the worlds most powerful VOR that RD has a setting towards...

rd

Post by rd » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:34 pm

LMAO, as long as the color is liquid gold, no problem. As for a NAVAID, I only use it when bowling. As aiming fluid. LOL.

Seriously, back to the paint. I am unsure what exactly you want for a paint scheme. Are you looking for an Air France type design, or the KLM design??? Or a design incorporating/advertising both airlines???

I have the business jet that is sleek and cool. Just need an idea of what your looking for as for a paint scheme.

RD
RD

s.71
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by s.71 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:52 am

Thanks heaps mate.... the concept I was illustrating was called "KLM/AIR FRANCE AIR ELITE". anything you think fits for a KLM/AIR FRANCE style livery for a business jet (I forgot to mention the only subject I failed at school was art....) so anything that looks better than something a 5 year old could do...

the logo is basically the KLM/AIR FRANCE corporate logo, with AIR ELITE next to it/below it anywhere

I hope that makes sense??!!!

otherwise, if that is too tough, i did an example for SAS called SAS Executive, whichever you think is easiest?!

The owed beers are rising with every word, so I'd better stop now :P

rd

Post by rd » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:08 am

Here are two different planes with textures. Let me know which one you like. If you think something should be added/changed, let me know.

RD
Attachments
klm.3.JPG
klm.2.JPG
RD