FSX but 100 times better...why no section?

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, gbesoain, Cat1, skipperdan

spectropro
SurClaro's Valued Sponsor
SurClaro's Valued Sponsor

FSX but 100 times better...why no section?

Post by spectropro » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:05 am

Getting back into flight sim after 7 or 8 years of being out for various reasons....I loaded up my FSX dvd's and acceleration and while my new system really kicks butt, it was not long before I realized one of the reasons I got out of caring about flight sim...even a kick ass system can only do so much when the architecture of the software is limited and will not utilize the power of modern systems.

So I got Prepar3D v4 and with every slider full right and graphics options turned up full I can still get better frame rates than I could in FSX with about 3/4 sliders.... YAY 64 bit multi core system!!!

My question / comment is this....why is the (in my opinion) GREATEST FlightSim website NOT embracing this simulator in the forum?? I mean, there has been an X-Plane section since 2004. I see that there are some planes and such that work with Prepar3D on SurClaro but why not create sections for it? This is THE place for FREE add-ons... And even though it isn't really supporting the sim I now use pretty much solely I still find myself here more than on the sites that DO.

Anyway, just a thought....I really am honestly surprised there isn't already a section in the forum and files area being as it has been around for quite a while now.... In a search for the term Prepar and Prepar3D there were ZERO results... are we not allowed to discuss it here?

Greg

Haun
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Re: FSX but 100 times better...why no section?

Post by Haun » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 am

I think the fact that no-one has answered this question since late September should answer your question.
Traffic to Surclaro forums has been down for years, and the forums themselves went unmaintained for some time apparently.
I'm sure that if Geo wanted, he could. But I doubt it would get any traffic.
There are plenty of other forums and subreddits that people use.