What is the Best Terrain Addon For FSX

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

Haun
SurClaro senior forum member

What is the Best Terrain Addon For FSX

Post by Haun » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Ok, so I was flying around the Grand Canyon and found my self thinking, this place is really round and white.

That startled me. I have been to the grand canyon before and it is certainly not round or white. this gos the same for a lot of places, there is just not a lot of deffiniton. I have my mesh res set to 10m, and the texture res at 60cm.

i think i just want something a little more realistic. so i was wondering if your guys knew what the BEST stuff was. payware, freeware, shareware dontcare just put it down

thanks

Noddy1966
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by Noddy1966 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:17 pm

If you want the Grand Canyon try this.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app= ... howfile=12

It free and great.

For payware, my favourite place is the Megascenery Hawaii with the Dillingham addon

cirag
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by cirag » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:32 am

My worst flight was on a trip from Dublin to London. Out of nowhere, the plane took a nose dive ... for about eight seconds! I know it doesn't seem like that long, but seriously, count for eight seconds. That's a long nose dive! Passengers started screaming, luggage went flying out of the overhead bins and the lights went out. So scary! I really thought the plane was going to crash. Everything ended up being ok, at least I think so. The pilot never even announced what happened.

mel wilson
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by mel wilson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:04 am

cirag wrote:My worst flight was on a trip from Dublin to London. Out of nowhere, the plane took a nose dive ... for about eight seconds! I know it doesn't seem like that long, but seriously, count for eight seconds. That's a long nose dive! Passengers started screaming, luggage went flying out of the overhead bins and the lights went out. So scary! I really thought the plane was going to crash. Everything ended up being ok, at least I think so. The pilot never even announced what happened.

oracle 10g dba, red hat certification, sscp exam
:roll: 8O ..........
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

Haun

Post by Haun » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:11 pm

cirag wrote:My worst flight was on a trip from Dublin to London. Out of nowhere, the plane took a nose dive ... for about eight seconds! I know it doesn't seem like that long, but seriously, count for eight seconds. That's a long nose dive! Passengers started screaming, luggage went flying out of the overhead bins and the lights went out. So scary! I really thought the plane was going to crash. Everything ended up being ok, at least I think so. The pilot never even announced what happened.

oracle 10g dba, red hat certification, sscp exam
Good to know.