Attaching Arrestor cables and Catapults

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

jim1964
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Attaching Arrestor cables and Catapults

Post by jim1964 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this?
How does one attach Arrestor cables and Catapults to a newly placed carrier in SDK?(read the help in SDK but still lost)

Haun
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Haun » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Which flight sim, which addons and what plane are you using

for FSX Acceleration you enter the cat (catapult), lower you launch bar (Shift + U) and attach yourself (Shift + I) and you are attached. when attached throttle full up and press shift+space bar to launch

For FS9 its a much more complicated process

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:10 am

Actually, it's a little more involved than that. And this is only if you have the Acceleration addon.

1. Shift + U to lower the planes launch bar. (You need to be in the middle to most of the way up the "cat box".)

2. Shift + I to connect the cat launch to the launch bar. Which also raises the blast shield.

3. Shift + Space bar to launch.

This is also dependent on the a/c you are using, as well as the carrier you are wanting to launch from. They must be part of the acceleration package, or modified so that it works with the acceleration package. Not all a/c and carriers are able to do it.

If you DO NOT HAVE THE ACCELERATION ADDON, and want "cat and trap" capabilities with all a/c, then that's another thing. And it can be done if you know who to talk to. (cough-cough, me 8) )

Attachments
TO.3.1.jpg
TO.2.1.jpg
TO.1.1.jpg
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

crispotts
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by crispotts » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:11 am

You are definitely 'de man' RD, now our 'top man' is no longer with us to guide us in carrier matters.
Nice to see you have released a special texture for the Tomcat in Steve's memory, doesn't seem like 2 years since that sad day..
All the best and keep up the good work.
Crispotts

jim1964
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Which flight sim?IE ,,cat/cables for a carrier.

Post by jim1964 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:03 am

I'm using FSX but the how to launch was not the issue and I AM very aware of the key strokes for this.I have solved the issue as far as a cat/cable system for a NON default carrier. I am using a program for that. (ArrestorCablesVersion 2.6 FREEWAREfor FS2004/FSX) and works great! I have Acceleration and wanted to use another carrier and in my view the acceleration carriers leave a lot to be desired! :D [/u]