Hi Everyone

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

Gera
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Hi Everyone

Post by Gera » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi Pilotos!!!!....My name is Gera and I do Flight Adventures, Scenery and Missions. I have been siming since 99 and enjoy every minute of it. Glad to be here and have just uploaded my latest "Flight" about some pilot flying in an old DC-6 "down in the high mountan range" called Los Andes in Ecuador.....Hope you like it.

Gera
http://www.fsadventuresky.viviti.com

gbesoain
SurClaro senior forum member

Thanks

Post by gbesoain » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:30 am

Hi Gera, we received it and its being processed to be published soon.

Thanks
G.

Haun

Post by Haun » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:52 am

Welcome!

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by harkonnen » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:54 am

Welcome to SurClaro Gera. :)

Ace727
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Ace727 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:26 am

Welcome! :)

mel wilson
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by mel wilson » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 am

Hi Gera, welcome to SurClaro, and thanks for choosing to upload here :wink:

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

Gera
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Gera » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:31 am

Thank you guys, glad to be here, will upload some scenery and Flights next week.....happy weekend.

Gera

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by jaeger52 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:32 pm

Gera,

Belated Welcome to Surclaro. I am an appreciative fan of your FSX Mission Adventures. I can attest to the fact that you've got quite a flair for creating very interesting adventures because I've downloaded and flown my fair share of your works. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to see you posting here at my HOME for things Flight Sim. If it were up to me, you would be given something akin to a hero's welcome.

Please keep up your good works and give us everything you've got! If you should ever come up lacking for ideas for adventure flights, there is no shortage of talented people here who may be more than willing to brainstorm potential scenarios.

Welcome aboard Gera! :D

Jaeg- :wink:

Gera
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Gera » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi Jaeg...happy to be here and glad to know you enjoy my "adventure Flights and Missions"....as a "child of the fifties" I still remember all those "Flash Gordon and Black Hawk" Episodes on saturday afternoon at the 0.35 cent Movie Theaters and I guess they are what brings me to make these flights!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: .....I would get around .85 cents from my Mom and go to the Movies, buy me a ham sandwitch and after the show pick up a .05 comic book!!!!!!....Man those were the days!!!!!!!! :P

...." The thruth will be found.....at last!!!!!¨"

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by jaeger52 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:18 pm

You're the Adventure man, Gera!

I also am a child of the 50's. Many's the time when my brother Brad and I used to pedal our bikes in what seemed like two miles of hard riding to the Derby Cafe on any given Saturday and plunk down $.25 apiece for the best rootbeer floats in the world, served up in frozen, 24 oz. glass mugs. Large in our small, boy hands. We used to sit gulping and spooning our floats while gazing into the big mirror behind the bar watching for the downtown City Bus (yellow and green colors) to come rolling by.

We left our bikes outside the Derby Cafe and hopped the downtown bound bus for grand, boyhood adventures in the Capitol City of St. Paul, Minnesota theater district. We wandered the wide sidewalks of the shopping district, stopped in for more ice cream at the then Bridgemans Ice Cream Shop before purchasing our fifty cent tickets for the afternoon matinee double headers that kept us entertained, smiling and laughing and eating candy and popcorn and drinking orange and grape and coca-cola from real glass bottles well into the deep afternoon.

I can't really remember very well the movie titles anymore. But there were Disney adventures like "The Swiss Family Robinson", "The Shaggy Dog." starring Tommy Kirk---don't ask me how I remember that actor's name 8O ). All of Sean Connery's James Bond movies. And so many, many others that I can no longer recall.

Unlike what one might expect these days, when we got off the city bus back aat the Derby Cafe, there were our bikes just as we'd left them lying, Together always, Brad and I pedaled the miles back toward home together in the twilight and yelled back and forth to each other the finer points that we enjoyed about our entire excursion together.

On the bike pedal back home, Brad and I discussed how we could reenact the things we had seen iin the movies..."Me Tarzan, You Jane." And we would keep each other up late into the night throwing sock balls at each other while we kept up our late night discussions about our playground theories, rules and regulations and plans for the days ahead.

Honestly, those were truly the days! So long ago now. Just seems like yesterday in my mnd's eye!

We are forever young no matter how fast the years go by.

Thank you Gera, for helping me release some old memories.

Jaeg-

Gera
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Gera » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi Jaeg....

Yes sir, those days are gone forever. Kids today can't realize how much they are missing and how wonderful past times were. I have eight grandsons and happily my sons and daughter have, somehow, shown them the way to enjoy their lifes "as young kids" out of the "grown-up" attitude most have today missing the unique flavour of being just a kid. Most kids "grow old" very fast today to their detriment. Oh, well, I guess you and I as many more did enjoy our youth to the oumost, we liked it so much, that even at our age we still feel young and keep enjoying our lifes very much.
Besides flying for real, did it for sixteen years as a private pilot, and the Sim, I am a "traveler" in the highest degree. We have traveled always and seen so much of our planet. For the last eight years we get out in Summer and fly out to Europe, Italy mostly where my Mother was born and my the bond with that country is very strong.....so take care and do visit the "temples" whenever you can jump into your cockpit and fly away!!!!... :wink: