effects

Discuss and share how to create, install, mod, etc... All about special flight simulator effects.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, groundsquirrel

dirtybird
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

effects

Post by dirtybird » Mon May 24, 2010 11:50 pm

@RD

i have recently been having problems with the AB effects in FS9 on various equiped craft. .. The problem was it would turn on at idle and stay on no matter what throttle level it was at.

At first thought i thought it was the effect itself. nope, works just fine. I see the burners.

Then I thought it was the craft... uninstalled/reinstalled ... nope that wasnt it.

well, i stumbled across this thread at Simv, that got me thinking... http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB ... 373018/4#4

(it was the XML gauge that was missing, once i put it in, everything is working PERFECTLY fine)

But now i have another problem.

Sonic Boom.

I see the Condensation shockwave as a break the sound barrier, but there is no "BOOM!" sound.

I have checked the PANEL.CFG

gauge46=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0,20,20 --- looks to be correct.

FS9/Gauges/rcb-miljet/SonicBoomControl.xml is in the correct spot to be read...... I see the shockwave as part of the control.

FS9/Sound/COP/SonicBoom.wav is in the correct spot as needed by the SonicBoomControl.xml but it will not play.

If anyone, other than RD, has any thoughts, please feel free to share your ideas.
Acer Aspire Laptop
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit (sp1)
AMD Athlon II X2 P340 (Dual Core) [2.2 Ghz]
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (256mb)
4GB DDR3
FS2004 (9.1) = Ultimate Terrain, Ground Environment Pro, REX, Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords
FSX (sp2) = Ultimate Terrain X, Ground Environment X, REX, FTX ORBX PNW-PFJ-NRM-CRM, OZx, Tongass Fjords, Misty Moorings

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Tue May 25, 2010 4:11 am

I don't have an answer for you.

As I told you through emails, I didn't have a problem with everything that you used and sent me. If the problem was the .xml, then somehow you overwrote it or altered it. Accidentally, of course.

If they were fine 6 months to a year ago, then something on your end happened. Honestly, I don't have an idea as to what. But, to make things easier, I keep a backup of all the folders, gauges and effects. Actually, of everything once a month.

Glad you got it working though, that's awesome.

RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

dirtybird
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by dirtybird » Tue May 25, 2010 11:27 pm

sorry i put this in the 2004 section, i didnt see the EFFECTS section.

I figured out the afterburners problem with them not turning off, as the file "RCB-MILJET" was not in my FS9/Gauges folder.

but for the life of me, i cant figure out the problem of why it will not play the sonic boom sound.

...... could I try to put the SonicBoom.wav in the F14dTomcat/sound folder and try to make an entry in the sound.cfg? Do you think that would make a difference?

also, in REGEDIT, i only have 2 line entries under FS9.... should I have more than these listed below, if I should, then maybe I can do a dummy reinstall, then change the names around carefully in the E: to get the registry to see the correct one and I will be good to go.

[ab]default REG_SZ (value not set)
[ab]EXE PATH REG_SZ E:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9
Acer Aspire Laptop
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit (sp1)
AMD Athlon II X2 P340 (Dual Core) [2.2 Ghz]
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (256mb)
4GB DDR3
FS2004 (9.1) = Ultimate Terrain, Ground Environment Pro, REX, Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords
FSX (sp2) = Ultimate Terrain X, Ground Environment X, REX, FTX ORBX PNW-PFJ-NRM-CRM, OZx, Tongass Fjords, Misty Moorings