Effect Problem

Discuss and share how to create, install, mod, etc... All about special flight simulator effects.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, groundsquirrel

skydrol

Effect Problem

Post by skydrol » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:56 am

I recently downloaded a number of aircraft and a couple scenery files for FSX.

And for some reason all my effects (all lights,any form of smoke, the vapor cloud from the sonic boom, and even the waves washing up on the shore) are all squares.

When i download an aircraft, sometimes it would come with a effects folder,After reading the README file I would drag the contents of the folder to the FSX effects folder, some of the files already existed and it would ask me if I wanted to over write them and i would say no.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me out.

mel wilson
Forum Moderator - Master member

Re: Effect Problem

Post by mel wilson » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm

My initial thoughts are, that you are pushing your PC too hard, try backing off a few settings, and give your G-card time to draw.

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

rd

Post by rd » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Depending on the effects, there may be something with the textures side of the effect that isn't showing as it is supposed to.

Post up a link of the download, if you can that changed your effect rendering.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

JetRanger
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by JetRanger » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 am

READ - READ STOP !!!! I too encountered the same problem,, few months ago,,,, of course I went to many forum boards in sim land asking for help ideas,,,, got all kinds of answers too,,,, some were unbelievable , really. Well, enough, is enough, ya don't know who to trust anymore,,, if they even truly know what their talking about even. I too had Blocky Smoke, water effects spray,, blocky dirt, clouds,,,, finally,,, I decided I'd had enough,,, so, I whipped out all 3 of my FSX Gold acceleration Discs and procedded to hopefully re-install everything,,,,,, WOW - I did not know that FSX had a built in REPAIR system,, that will go thru all your files and re-write , over write any badd files that it finds corrupt or just plain screwed up,,,, and it will leave all your other add on's alone, won't even touch them,,, the FSX Repair will only repair DEFAULT FSX files / folders only !!!!! even if you have a badd interior file ,, like I did today after painting some aircraft interior that I somehow didn't get changed back into the right file format,,, and / or flipped back right,,, FSX Repair will find it and FIX it automatically,,,,, over write it back to its original Default status,,, just the file,,, and you do nothing,,, READ - if your using "windows 7",,, you must go completely thru ALL 3 FSX Discs for the repair - about 15 to 20 minutes time - the 3rd FSX Disc contains some very important software to make it compatible / run with Windows 7 Aero Glass,,, if you only use the 2nd disc you'll get pop up messages saying FSX will not start compability issues or some goofy crap like that,,, so make sure to use ALL 3 FSX Discs while in the REPAIR mode of FSX !!!!! It worked for me and solved all my blocky smoke sky and water texture problems,,,,, I now run FSX Repair that came with my FSX GOLD Acceleration about once a month just to keep my files in order and straight with no problems and it works too !!!!! jetranger
Attachments
screen12.jpg
DONATIONWARE - FSX Ford Trimotor highly detailed !