CFS 2 vs. CFS 3

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel

DragonSeven
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

CFS 2 vs. CFS 3

Post by DragonSeven » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:29 pm

Hi everyone at SurClaro.

I have an opinion question.

I recently purchased CFS 3 and haven't installed it yet as I am cleaning out my HDD for space and was wondering if it is worthwhile to buy CFS 2 only because I really like flying the F4U Corsair in FS9 and would enjoy battles with the Zero (also fun to fly in FS9).

Is it worth the price to buy a CFS 2 or can I create my own air battles with downloadable aircraft for CFS 3 and using the available free editors from Microsoft's SDKs? Also wondering if going from CFS 3 to 2 would be a disappointment in graphics/gameplay.

It isn't a tech question but I'll include my system specs in case anyone has a some pointers as to how to maximize the CFS experience:

P4 2.6 OC'd to 3.1 GHz
ASUS P4P800 E - deluxe MB
1536 MB DDR 400 RAM
2 hard drives (30GB and 200GB)
ATI X800 PRO
onboard Realtek AC sound 5.1
Antec 450 W PSU

Thanks for your help.
fs9/ CFS 3
P4 2.6 GHz OC'd 3.0
ASUS P4P800E - Deluxe motherboard
1536 DDR 400 RAM
ATI X800 PRO 256MB
onboard RealTek 5.1 sound

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

hmmmm...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:53 am

Hmmmmmm....cant say about cfs2, but I did try cfs3. There are many addons for it already in the way of aircraft, weapons etc.. Be aware, however, that in order to fly against another player, you must both have the same version, down to the aircraft. There is even a free clone for Korean theatre that I found enjoyable. At the time I uninstalled it there was a crew working on a North Africa theatre clone. After that I fell into Il2-Ace-Pacific Fighters merged install and never looked back.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

DragonSeven
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by DragonSeven » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:03 pm

Thanks groundsquirrel for the pointers and letting me know about the Korea campaign. It would be amazing to fly in Africa with and against the Afrika Corps.I have just started flying CFS 3 last night and was shot down once and I managed to get one BF109.

IL2 Pacific is that good? Hmm, you've piqued my curiosity.