CFS2 Planes

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel

joebingo
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

CFS2 Planes

Post by joebingo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:31 pm

Why is it that CFS2 has some planes in the aircraft folder that have absolutely no relevence to the game (Sopwith camel, spitfire etc)
Greeted at arrivals by a man holding a sign saying "Bugger Off!"

Insured Disaster
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by Insured Disaster » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:13 am

cuz bill gates wanted them there, thats why. Perhaps it was just to give you some planes to fly in quick combat to see how they compare to WWII fighters. Remeber, with Microsoft, all things are possible, from a great, trouble free day to violent system crashes, broken PC's and noise complaints from the neighbors. 8O

Rhythmosaur
SurClaro senior forum member
Location: Oppenheim (EDGP) / Germany (near EDDF Frankfurt/Main)

Post by Rhythmosaur » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:55 am

Mr. Gates even does not count his money. He makes others doing that for him. Well, I guess some of the gauges where needed. Developers seem to be not willing to sort out the unneeded files, so they just installed the whole package and just changed the vars in the cfgs to make those planes not appear.

Be a bit careful that you post nothing wich might be likely to a flame, by the way. But I admit, with Microsoft, nearly everything seems possible...

The Rhythmosaur

fruscella
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Enemy aircrafts

Post by fruscella » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:04 am

How can I install aircraft add-ons to fight with?
For example, I have a A4 Skyhawk and Bae Harrier, I want to fly the A4 and fight against Harrier, but both are shown as flyable aircraft and the enemy aircraft are the original for game.

Anybody can help me?

Rhythmosaur
Location: Oppenheim (EDGP) / Germany (near EDDF Frankfurt/Main)

Post by Rhythmosaur » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:13 am

This is a question I cannot answer, but I tell you what I would do in your place:

We are talking about CFS, NOT FS, right?
Somewhere there must be a .cfg file in which is written what aircraft the game should use as AI opponents. I would do a search on all .cfg files and investigate them, and if I found it, I'd edit it in a way either to fill in or to replace another craft to fill in my desired.

Strange thing is that somwhere in the back of what I call my head, something says that a properly installed craft appears in the opponent scrollbar, at least in CFS2, so there should be no problem!? I did so with a Skyraider. The important thing is that the weapon data, which is not included in an FS file, is present, otherwise the craft will have no weapon effects.

I just cannot check it for you because I have currently no installation of CFS.

Just to make it clear:
In FS - at least to my knowledge - there are NO weapons at all. That's what CFS is designed for. And I apprechiate this.

The Rhythmosaur