X-Plane 9

X-Plane is a comprehensive and powerful flight simulator for personal computers. It offers realistic flight model available for home and it's currently the rival of MSFS
Find here comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:21 am

Now that was strange.....

I went to load up X-Plane after Mels post, only to discover, that I hadn't reinstalled it yet. 8O :?: :?: :?: I could have sworn I installed the 9 version when I did FS9 and FSX. Now I know what I'm doing this weekend. :P

I think I posted it up on another thread, saying that at first, it isn't user friendly. Took along time for me to get everything in working order. As well, get used to it. It isn't MSFS, and I like it, that it isn't.

As for scenery between the two, X-Plane is as good as, if not better than FSX. And it puts FS9 to shame, with payware scenery and mesh addons.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

CessnaPilot09
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by CessnaPilot09 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:26 am

That's one thing about FSX..... it most definitley has the scenery advantage over FS9. But the whole thing about X-plane being so huge, to be honest, really isn't that attractive to me. I think I'll stick with MS for now.

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:42 am

Slowly getting to find my around, now have full screen, but I seemed to have moved off the initial default demo location, all airports are surrounded by water, anyone know what the default scenery location is in the demo version.

I’m going to persist with this, in an effort to understand it a little better, then just maybe I will part with some hard earned cash.

Mel.
Attachments
04-20-2009_20-17-10.jpg
04-20-2009_20-04-35.jpg
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

Cat1

Post by Cat1 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Hmmm... I don't have a "water world" setting on mine...
Isn't that Kevin Costner on that boat in the first shot :lol:
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/