In-Flight Real Weather Lockup

Have some weather knowledge?, Want to learn?

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

dondondeluise
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

In-Flight Real Weather Lockup

Post by dondondeluise » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:37 pm

Hello, I'm kinda a Flight Sim Noobie, so be gentle with me... Anyways, I'm using Flight Sim 9 with the latest update version. I'm having a problem with when I try to fly with the real weather turned on it locks up in midflight.

I first noticed this problem last night. I downloaded the real flight conditions and was flying from Huntsville, Alabama to Cancun, Mexico. I have added the Alabama Scenery Packages 1 and 2 and also have the Florida Scenery Package and the updates. It will lockup everytime when I get to the Florida/Alabama border almost to the Gulf of Mexico.

My cpu is a AMD 3000+XP, I'm running a ATI All-In-Wonder 9600xt with the graphics in Flight Sim maxed out. My cpu is also running 2gigs of PC2700 memory. It don't have any problems running Flight Sim unless you download the real weather conditions. I have also tried cutting back on the graphics and it still locks up on me.

If you do not use the real world weather it has no problems and you can fly without it locking up. I also have the Massive Thunderstorm and update downloads, but we're currently in a high pressure weather condition here.

Any help is appreciated. I have looked and not seen any of this type of problem noted in this or any other forum. So anyways thanks in advance!!

dondondeluise