New Thunder Sounds, Please Help

Have some weather knowledge?, Want to learn?

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

Do you like the Default Thunder sounds in FS??

Poll ended at Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:07 am

YES
No votes
NO
100%

Total votes: 2

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

New Thunder Sounds, Please Help

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:06 am

I have had an idea for a while to update the thunder sounds in FS9 and X, but I would like a bit of help on how to actually record the sounds. The Sounds that I have are on a "thunderstorm relaxation" CD, but I would like to copy / record the sounds to a .wmp file or something close, and then be able to incorporate it into Flight Sim. Would anyone be willing to help me on this venture, or be able to at least point me in a general direction so that I can find the software and do it myself???

Thanks
Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop
WINXP Home (sp3)
Intel Celeron M -- Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1396 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 1,280.00 MB
Video: Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

interesting...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:50 am

Now that is an interesting idea. I have done repaints, even made my own gold color smoke for skywriting/stunting. havent progressed to 3d beyond teasing around with gmax a bit. There have been a few lightning replacements, some with what purport to be better thunder. I think it could be made more real than the current selection. I suspect the results so far have been a complete frustration with the sound architecture in FS. I will be happy to assist in research in any way I can.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:12 am

ok, well to give you an idea of what is being faced.... the "thunderstorm" relaxation Cd is only 1 track / song. so in that, there of course is multiple lightening strikes / thunder. My idea is to somehow capture each clap of thunder in its own mini sound file, and then try to replace the ones in FS9 ( X - if able ) with the new sound files.

ill see if i can Rip a copy of the CD, to my computer and then mail it over to you so you can have an idea of the thunder i would like to hear. (leave email addy in a private message)
Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop
WINXP Home (sp3)
Intel Celeron M -- Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1396 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 1,280.00 MB
Video: Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

rd

Post by rd » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:54 am

Hey Chris,
can you send me a copy of the track, so I can see what I can do with it. I have the ability to cut/chop/edit/phase//ect. Any and all sound files ( as well as music), and then put them to where FS? will recognize and play it.

Send it to me if possible, thru my email at the bottom, Subject: Thunder.

Thanks

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "