FSPassengers and saving a flight in progress...

Real world flight lessons to be applied on flight simulations. Read and share tutorials, tips, tricks, procedures, experiences, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

FSPassengers and saving a flight in progress...

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:24 am

I have FsPassengers installed and running on my computer. I have made a very long flight. But upon 1000nm of arrival, I had to go to a dinner party. So, I couldn't finish that flight that night.

Ok, the question is: Is it possible to run FsPassengers, save the flight, and upon loading the same flight, have FsPassengers run in the same state as before so you can continue the flight as if nothing happened?

Simpler version of my question: Can you save with FsPassengers and run it again next time?

Captain El

P.S. I'm just learning a few things (just like everyone is learning something out there, learning some new things ) :D

michaelcraddock
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by michaelcraddock » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:52 pm

No you cant! Why dont you just pause the game until you were ready to continue??

Mike

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:14 pm

That's because, when you go to a dinner party, you get home at around midnight. I don't like to keep the computer running all night, since it is not good for the computer and it uses lots of power.

I just wish that FsPassengers could SAVE its state in a flight when needed to save. too bad :cry: . Anywhere on that website I can post suggestions? I would like to suggest that to the FsPassengers team.

Captain El

stewpot

Post by stewpot » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:38 pm

heyo buddy, bit of the point but oh well, I know exactly how you feel because i got my GCSE's and all that stuff in a couple of weeks and all i get of my parents is go do this and do that in the middle of a Flight. I also use FSPassengers and love it to bits as it is the most realistic experience around for FS. But not to the fact you want to save it as you are going to a dinner party and want to carry it on next time you use it, but like i said it makes flight simulator even more realistic and you cant really save a real flight in the air to go to a dinner party m8 lol! the point is Flight Sim and FSP want to make it aas realistic as possible so that could be a reason why. But i do no how you feel either when i got a bad feeling about a landing or in your case flown for a long flight and need to do something! But mike is right the only way you can really solve that is by Pausing the game. L8r :wink:

planesmart2

Post by planesmart2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:12 pm

Were the Passengers upset about this long inflight delay?? lol.

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:36 pm

Ok, I get it. By the way, how do you delete a company (since one of my companies has a real bad flights(not my fault! It's the weather!)) And also, I always have a problem on board which I cannot fix: Why do I always get "You had the wrong altimeter set upon...", how do you fix this?! I always lose valuable points because of a 'wrong' altimiter which I cannot correct! Please, this issue ruins almost every one of my 'weather' flights!

viche12345
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by viche12345 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:06 am

Delete a company in the company manager. Reset your altimeter regularly by pressing 'B' on your keyboard.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:54 am

The problem with that is, is that (I once had altimeter 29.80, which might be the cause of the 'wrong' altimeter) at even when the altimeter is 29.52, and I switch t back to 29.92, it says I had the wrong altemeter.

I am confused, when the altimeter is ex: 29.52, should I leave it that way, or change it to 29.92??? :? ... because it seems at both ways, it is "wrong".

Captain El :lol:

sgtdirtybum
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by sgtdirtybum » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:46 pm

09El_Boissevain,

Ok, http://www.fspassengers.com is a the forum for FSPass.... it has everything that you will need to get your answers....

second off...... just hit the "b" button when you are given the baromentric pressure... it will adjust to the correct one every time!!
:D
SDB (SGT Dirty Bum)

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:40 pm

Thanx for the help! I hope not to ruin my flight points from now on! :D Just one last question.

Q: What is a "wrong" altimiter in their case? Anything </>2992, or anything "correct", like ex. 29.80 or even 29.52 at occasions when I press 'b'?

Captain El

viche12345
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by viche12345 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:31 pm

After you pass "transition altitude", you should switch back to 29.92. Are you flying with ATC? ATC should give you periodic barometric pressure numbers.

martinmax69

Post by martinmax69 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:43 pm

Just on a side note....I love FsPassanger, however....just recently I flew into a war risk area(Kabul)...landed safely....got 1000+ bonus points...however when I went to record the flight...I found a glitch as it suddenly debted my points.So now instead of adding to my 30 000 points it subtracted it. Now Im still a ATP command pilot BUT with -30 000 points. Oh well....thats life :cry:

sgtdirtybum
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by sgtdirtybum » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:48 pm

yeah.....

I've heard of FSpass doing some crazy things like negative scoring and negative money... if you go to http://www.fspassengers.com the forum has plenty of stories about this.....

in regards to "wrong altimeter setting" TA (transition altitude) is usually at FL180 where you are high enough that the barometer will not have any effect.. 29.92 is normal setting for see level and anything above TA.... hope that helps!! :D
SDB (SGT Dirty Bum)

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:31 am

Ayyy... That hurts!!! I mean... what more depressing could it be to have -30,000 points?!!! 8O . Ow well, perhaps you could inform the FSPassengers Team so they might make an update :D .

Okay, about the Barometer, I just hope all goes well!

Captain El :D

P.S. Hey that rhymes *lol* :D

edit by groundsquirrel: Perhaps YOU could contact the FSPassengers team and or post such questions in their forum, then report back here with your results for the benefit of others who may be following this thread.

martinmax69

Post by martinmax69 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:39 pm

ok...for FsPassanger , according to their forum, the issue with negative points and income mainly occurs with version 1 of FsPassanger. To correct it you have to up-grade to the latest version which will fix those bugs.If it dosen't you can email Dan with your data base config file and he'll fix it. :lol:

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:53 am

Ok Groundsquirrel, I will try to get them on and post the issues I have like you suggested. By the way, (I know this is a stupid question, but I would like to know in advance, since I sometimes have problems with registering since Egypt has no postal/zip code) do you have to register at their site to post?

Captain El

viche12345
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

HIBERNATE!!!

Post by viche12345 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:35 pm

Hey I just found a way to save an in-progress flight with FSPassengers running. All you have to do is hibernate. I hibernated my computer with FS2004 and FsPassengers running before I went to bed. The next day, I booted up the computer, my session was restored, and I continued my flight. Hibernate is such a useful feature.

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:45 pm

You mean Stand-By? Or is that something else :lol: ? Anyway... That really is a good idea. Thanx viche!!!

Captain El

Mythrilfan
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Mythrilfan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:33 pm

Stand by is when the computer leaves the RAM powered. that way, everthing stays there. hibernate is when everything in RAM is written to the HDD and restored at startup. This takes more time but is more secure (in case there is a power cut) and the computer does not use power during sleep (but i guess ram does not use a lot of power, thus i use stand by all the time).

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:32 am

As I might have said earlier, I am not such a computer expert :lol: . How do you actually Hybernate?? Thanx

Capt. El :lol:

viche12345
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

What??????

Post by viche12345 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:41 am

First you have to enable it. Access the Power Options from the Control Panel. If you don't see a hibernate tab, your computer does not support hibernate. (Assuming that you can run FS2004 well, you have a strong computer. Therefore, you can hibernate). If the tab exists, click on it. Click on Enable Hibernation.

Now, you have the capability to hibernate your computer. Go to Start-->Turn Off (or shutdown). If you have Windows XP, hold shift and the hibernate option will appear. If you have another version of Windows, hibernate should be easy to see. Just select and go.

Like Myth said, hibernate durates longer. The computer grabs the RAM's contents and writes the data onto the hard drive. The data is restored when you boot up the computer. The process duration depends on your RAM speed and the amount of RAM installed in your computer. Let me discuss your choices. Standby or Hibernation?

Use Standby if you plan to leave your computer's session untouched for a few hours. For example, if you leave for a dinner party and plan to come back within a few hours. Use standby.

Use Hibernate if you plan to leave you computer's session untouched overnight. (aka long periods)

Good luck.

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:22 pm

Great idea! I will try to do that the next time I make such a long haul again! Thanx!!

s_m_anowarul_kabir
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by s_m_anowarul_kabir » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:25 am

viche12345 wrote:Reset your altimeter regularly by pressing 'B' on your keyboard.
That's way too unrealistic and I hope any serious flight simulator student will refrain from doing anything so unrealistic.

By the way it's not really hard to configure altimeter setting the real way. even a recreational pilot certificate holder knows how to do it accurately.

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:42 pm

You mean in REAL life? Or in the Simulator? If you have FsPassengers, you don't need to press B, you listen to the ATC for the altimeter, and you set it manually 8)

Image Image Image
Protect your PC against security threats with industry leading software from Kaspersky!

Mythrilfan
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Mythrilfan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:28 pm

:| the default fs atc tells it to You too...

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 pm

That's what I was talking about... FsPassengers contains no functional ATC, so you listen to the DEFAULT ATC for altimeter pressure. FsPassengers has cool ATC CHATTER, not a functional ATC.

Image Image Image
Protect your PC against security threats with industry leading software from Kaspersky!

Mythrilfan
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Mythrilfan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:44 pm

09El_Boissevain wrote:If you have FsPassengers, you don't need to press B, you listen to the ATC for the altimeter, and you set it manually
wasnt this You then?

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:59 pm

Yes, I set the altimeter using some key commands that FsPassengers has provided, that way you can set any altimeter you want...but you will get penalized for not having the correct altimeter...

Captain El
Image Image Image

Mythrilfan
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Mythrilfan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:25 pm

there's a barometer calibration knob by the altitude indicator :)

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:23 pm

Unfortunately, not all panels have that function :( , so FsPassengers made it easy by making you press 'D' then '2992' to set altimeter at 29.92 etc

Capt. El
Image Image Image