PERFECT LANDING

Real world flight lessons to be applied on flight simulations. Read and share tutorials, tips, tricks, procedures, experiences, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by harkonnen » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:54 pm

JetRanger0007....Please take some video of your adventures! LOL!

planesmart2
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by planesmart2 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:07 pm

A tip for a good landing is (Speed control) and (altitude control)

myownman
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by myownman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:52 am

Re: Sun flashes green.

35 or so years ago my oldest sister, after finally getting a drivers license, told me she could tell when a red light was going to change because "it flashes green" I had been experimenting with retinal retention, so I knew why: The sudden absense of light, especially bright light, causes an image to be temporarily retained in the mind of the image in the opposite color. You're staring at a green light at a 60's vintage signal operated by electromagnetic relays. The lamp power is cut for less then a second to avoid surge when changing to the green bulb. Too fast for normal visual discrimination to detect because of lingering effect, but the mind is faster, and a color oriented mind (she was an artist) will detect the momentary absense of red light as green light. There's a large component of red in sunlight. Irgo!

Try this if you have an electronic flash unit. Sit in a familliar room looking at something on the wall. Have a friend turn off the lights and flash the flash. Don't move your head or eyes. After a few flashes, you will retain that image longer and longer. Now, if you also have a gullible friend, stand next to each other for a few flashes. Then, right after a flash, tell him to touch your head and immediately duck. He'll reach to the retained image he 'sees' and touch nothing but air. SPOOKY!!

Richard

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:17 am

Thats a cool little experiment (rubs eyes)...but the thread is going astray. How about starting a new topic with little experiments of such nature in the MA forum? Would be cool...

Exx

mrbigtime
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by mrbigtime » Thu May 18, 2006 7:15 am

hey people how ru? i hope u r doin fine.iam a noob pilot.i fly since manyu year virtualy but iam still noob.english isnt my native language lol.well but i pretty know it :) .But all these flying languages hard to understand for me.sometimes i mean.Anyway.i have that FSPassanger addon.its awesome and deserve all $ u gave it :D. And its very sensitive.PAssangers are very sensitive the flight u made u know.i bought a 727-100 and flying with it. I CANT land good..thats clear..some times i land perfect. but it 2 out 0f 10 lets say.rest of it sucks..no crash but bad landing..i passover the runway many times.i cant setup the correct approach stuff i guess :) .iam using Direct GPS and following it when approach lets say Ronald regan airport i use ATC and ask for permission to land.FULL STOP AND LANDING...they say ok....and i pause game, i setup my GPS stuff for approaching Ronald regan airport.and there are some options about airport when i access that GPS APROACH setup..i chooce activate instead of load..infact i dont know what LOAD does?iam a noob.i just choose approach and activate then it shows some options for landing i guess and i dont know what their difference of each other i try to chooce ILS(if i remember correctly) or VECTOR(i remember this :D ),yes i choose VECTOR and then choose VECTOR -TO-FINALS APPROACH or somethinslike that..u know..its the first option in the manu...hm...iam @ office now and i dont remember the correct names sorry :(....then i follow the GPS drawings for landing.BUT HOW real pilots lands??? i cant see my front clearly anyway?isnt there a way to use plain and lnad it insead of GPS?*what about instruments?..i want to use instruments for landing...and LANDING is a real trouble..GOD BLESS REAL PILOTS :)

ag-airline
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

because of you guys I actually landed a plane great for once

Post by ag-airline » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:16 pm

thanks I finally landed a plane good I'm going too do it again later thanks again :D :) :o
Always trying too help brandon green,
www.rogcastr.com/ is our website

Azframer
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Re: PERFECT LANDING

Post by Azframer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Well sometimes you find yourself with a touch of crosswind and after lining up on runway the wind will blow you off your approach to one side or the other. Say you find yourself off to the left and need to go right to line back up. Lower right wing slightly and feed in a touch of left rudder, you will side slip back to center. Depending on how much of a crosswind you may find yourself needing to hold the side slip. Gusting crosswinds are a nightmare.

Brain Licker
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Brain Licker » Sun May 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Azframer wrote:Well sometimes you find yourself with a touch of crosswind and after lining up on runway the wind will blow you off your approach to one side or the other. Say you find yourself off to the left and need to go right to line back up. Lower right wing slightly and feed in a touch of left rudder, you will side slip back to center. Depending on how much of a crosswind you may find yourself needing to hold the side slip. Gusting crosswinds are a nightmare.
Made me think of this:
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/flying- ... storm.html
8) Check this out: Farmboyzims Flight-Sims :P

OH YEAH BABY!!! - FS2004

Afroja86
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Afroja86 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:14 am

Maintain alignment using the rudder - again, gently! If you need to input larger changes, you're not in a stabilized approach.

mel wilson
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by mel wilson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:17 pm

Afroja86 wrote:Maintain alignment using the rudder - again, gently! If you need to input larger changes, you're not in a stabilized approach.
Your about a year too late with your reply to this one..... checkout the dates.

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html