help on ILS landing please! (fs2002)

Real world flight lessons to be applied on flight simulations. Read and share tutorials, tips, tricks, procedures, experiences, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

zerohens
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

help on ILS landing please! (fs2002)

Post by zerohens » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:15 am

i'm a noobie, sorry, and i could never, so far execute an ILS landing, cause i just don't know how it works. i make the whole IRS flight succesfully, but when the time for landing comes, it all ends up being a mess cause i gotta do it visually and manually and i don't own a joystick. even on automatic pilot i miss the runway by several dozens of feet.
how can i make a decent ILS landing? this question includes, considering i'm flying a boeing 747-400 on fs2002, where should i get the frequency data i need? and where should i enter it? and on what gauge should i read the respective ILS?

i read a lot of posts here regarding this issue, but none of them takes into consideration that i'm retarded. can anyone answer to this taking into account my retard? thanks a lot.

zerohens
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by zerohens » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:12 pm

i finally made it. i just had to go to the approach chart for the airport, get the ILS frequency and enter it on the NAV1 thingy on the radio and make it ACTIVE, and that i'll have the ILS readings for my landing. Making an ILS approach and landing is super cool sensation. thanks everyone for your participation and help! it was priceless!

hi09
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

can you give me some info too

Post by hi09 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:39 pm

dude, that is awesome i am a newbie too and i dont even know how to attempt to start or do an ILS landind, up until now i just try and find an airpot and eye ball my way down to the landind, i dont even know if i am entering the run way from the right side, can you give me some breif instructions on how to do formal navigated landings like using ILS? i know its a tough ask but any help. thanks dude

Matt_Jetspeed
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Full info in ILS

Post by Matt_Jetspeed » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:13 am

Where to also get the other ILS frequency for Nav 2 radio? Some of my jets have custom panels & sometimes the radio stack doesn't show up close so how to use them? What other switches you have to use during ILS, APR, ALT, HDG, etc. :?
I am a hardcore Boeing jet fanatic! Please visit my sites at http://teamjetspeed.weebly.com & if you like supercars (my other interest/hobby) go to http://thesupercargang.weebly.com
If you are interested to have a virtual airline career & post PIREPs for each flights, join http://www.westpalmairva.thewestieplace.com/
It is THE VIRTUAL AIRLINE GROUP & I am Matthew Doan as a recruited pilot for American Airlines based at Los Angeles International Airport. The site is free to join, no flight tests, no theory tests & you only have to do 3 flights per month as required! :wink: