Did FS2000 feature aircraft shadows? ...

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, gbesoain, Cat1

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Did FS2000 feature aircraft shadows? ...

Post by harkonnen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:17 am

I know it might sound like a goofy question because of course FS 98 had a section in 'settings' that allowed you to simply turn on aircraft shadows. So I try FS98 and love it a few years back, instantly thrilled when I finally land a 737 successfully and now I spot FS2000 for sale (used) at the mall and HAVE to have it because of the Concorde. I get home all excited, install the darned thing and can't find anywhere to turn on aircraft shadows in 'settings'. This proceeds to drive me nuts because as a newbie I had been relying on shadows on the runway in relation to the bottom of the gear, with a side 'spot' view to land the jets ever so smoothly. My question to those who remember is: Did I just miss the part of settings somehow where the aircraft shadows for FS2000 were toggled ON because I was new or weren't there any? I just discarded the whole thing in disgust and grabbed FS2002 Pro hoping for aircraft shadows and got smoke puffs and floatplanes to boot, woohoo! Recently I discovered Addons for FS on the 'net and now find myself blissfully addicted. Anyway, I had forgotten about my disappointment with the shadow thing until seeing this section in the forum.

viche12345
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by viche12345 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:54 pm

I don't think FS2000 has shadows. It was a looooooooooong time ago when I had a 4MB video card. Even it the program does have shadows, my video card won't support it. Therefore, I'm not sure. sorry
There is no place like 127.0.0.1