AI Traffic Problem with trying to delete defualt AI!!

FS2002 and FS2004 AI features, doubts, setups, experiences exchange, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

guffair
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

AI Traffic Problem with trying to delete defualt AI!!

Post by guffair » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:35 am

Ok. Im having problems with my AI Traffic. I downloaded like 20 flight plans for USA ai from project ai usings exx's tutorial. (THANKS EXX. Very easy to follow.) I went a flew around some of the major airports like JFK and DFW and MEM. There were tons of ai doing take offs and landings. the atc sounded like it could barely take it. I could hardly get request for departure. Thats the way i wanted it. Then i got the bright idea of trying to take off the defualt commercial traffic with the unistaller from project ai. I did that, then i went back to those airports at the exact same time of day just to see what happend and what happend was is that the defualt traffic is still there. and it's like ive lost half of my ai traffic. the airports look dead agian???ARGGHHH!!!! I dont know what happend. Mabye i just need to unistall all of my flight plans and reinstall them. IDK. And could somebody tell me how to take away all the defualt traffic. its taking up to many of my gates. PLEZ somebody help me!!

lortiawhak
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by lortiawhak » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:50 am

GO to your fs2004 main folder.then go to:

Scenery>World>Scenery

there should be a file called traffic.bgl. That is the default ai traffic. Delete it if yoiu want to gett rid of the default ai.
Surgeon General's Warning:
Posts by Lortiawhak are always truthful. Use at your own risk!!

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

Okay, dont panic...

Post by groundsquirrel » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:50 am

Okay, dont panic...take a few minutes to put everything back as it was. When you look in your world scenery folder, you will find several traffic.bgl's. If all you have is default and PAI, then you should have a traffic.bgl and a PAItraffic.bgl. The quick and dirty is to rename or move out or delete the traffic.bgl so all you have left is the PAItraffic.bgl. Another handy little tool is called TTools Companion. It will check for duplicate aircraft, flight plans etc. and allow you to merge the aircraft, airports, flightplans and get rid of the duplicates so you will have maximum AI without overlapping. It creates a nice mix of busy for me, you'll just have to check it out to see if you like it.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:06 am

The gentlemen above are right on. Traffic030528.bgl is the one to delete. That PAI uninstaller is a tricky one as you have to follow thier directions to the tee. TTools Companion isn't around that much anymore but GS is right...use it to check your plans/aircraft files...it's great!

When you get up to that heavy of traffic ATC will sound like they need to be on c r a c k to keep up. Get the latest edition of EditVoicepack to solve that. It has an 'accelerate' function to make ATC talk faster. You should have it anyways due to the various airlines/airports you will be using more.

Glad that tute worked out for ya. First response I got to it in public and it's good. Was thinking I was going to get a lot of hate mail for it... ;)

Hope it works out fo ya's.

Exx

guffair
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by guffair » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:56 am

Thanks guys. IDK if it worked yet but i sure it did. I havent played fs yet, but right now im looking at like 2 or 3 ttools companion. they all say for fs2002 v.2 and v.2.1 one is just and upgrade for so it says i need v2 for v2.1 to work? which one do i d/l and what do i do with it when i do d/l it to fix my traffic problem? Im running FS9, soo.. and were can i find the lasted version of editvoicepack. i cant d/l from avsim.com for some reason. the d/l will never start??

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:21 pm

You can get EVP here: http://www.editvoicepack.com/

Hmmm. Could have sworn TTools Companion was available for FS9...??? What the...

Oh well. You don't really need it if you keep your AI Bgl's in check.

Hope that helps.

Exx

groundsquirrel

TTools Companion,

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:36 am

TTools companion does work with Fs9. And yes, you need to download the 2.0 and update. Follow the readme instructions.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

ricktobin

Post by ricktobin » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:26 am

You don't need TTools Companion to remove the default traffic. If you read the "Other" information available here in the AI Traffic Forum, you'll find the easiest way to remove ALL of the default traffic in a way that won't risk affecting ANY downloaded AI traffic files.

guffair
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by guffair » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:35 pm

I think i got it guys. thanks for your help. Im going to d/l AFCAD and hopefully create my own airport. Now what I want to do is find out how to get ai traffic to my created airport. Ill post for help later when im ready with the airport. Thanks again guys.